Citric Acid (C₆H₈O₇)
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
|RMG washing plant
|Unit of Measure
- Citric acid is found naturally in citrus fruits, especially lemons and limes. It’s what gives them their tart, sour taste.
- A manufactured form of citric acid is commonly used as an additive in food, cleaning agents, and nutritional supplements.
- However, this manufactured form differs from what’s found naturally in citrus fruits.
- For this reason, you may wonder whether it’s good or bad for you.
- This article explains the differences between natural and manufactured citric acid, and explores its benefits, uses, and safety.