Sing-clone Calcium Hypochlorite (Ca(ClO)2)
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
|Singclone Calcium Hypochlorite
|Unit of Measure
- Calcium hypochlorite is an inorganic compound with the formula Ca(ClO)2.
- As a mixture of lime and calcium chloride,
- It is marketed as chlorine powder or bleach powder for water treatment and as a bleaching agent.
- This compound is relatively stable and has greater available chlorine than sodium hypochlorite (liquid bleach).
- It is a white solid, although commercial samples appear yellow.
- It strongly smells of chlorine, owing to its slow decomposition in moist air.
- It is not highly soluble in water and is more preferably used in soft to medium-hard water.
- It has two forms: dry and hydrated.